Mount Diablo State Park Alerts
Water Shortage at Mount Diablo State Park
ALL PARK VISITORS SHOULD BRING WATER FOR CONSUMPTION DURING THEIR VISIT.
Due to extreme drought conditions, the water storage tanks are extremely low. This has required us to take a number of drastic measures to conserve water:
• No public water is available anywhere above the Junction Ranger Station including the Summit. Bottled water is available for purchase at the Summit.
• All of the water faucets located in the picnic areas and Rock City have been turned off.
• Portable toilets and a handwashing station will be available at Rock City. Pit toilets throughout the park remain open.
• Flush toilets are available at the Lower Summit Parking Lot and the Upper Summit Parking Lot.
• Potable water is available at the Junction Ranger Station, the Lower Summit Parking Lot, and the Upper Summit Parking Lot.
• Showers and flush toilets at Juniper, Junction, and Live Oak campgrounds are closed. Portable toilets and handwashing stations are available for campers at all three campgrounds.
• Water and flush restrooms remain open at Mitchell Canyon and Macedo Ranch Day Use Areas.
If you are planning a long hike, run, walk, bicycle ride, or horseback ride please bring plenty of water to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.