Mount Diablo State Park Alerts
Water Shortage at Mount Diablo State Park
ALL VISITORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING WATER FOR CONSUMPTION DURING THEIR VISIT.
Due to unforeseen mechanical problems and having received approximately half the normal average rainfall this past winter, the springs on the mountain have been reduced to a trickle, and the water storage tanks are extremely low. This has required us to take a number of drastic measures in order to conserve water:
• All of the water faucets located in the picnic areas and Rock City have been turned off.
• Portable toilets and a hand washing station will be available at Rock City. Pit toilets throughout the park remain open.
• Flush toilets are available at the Lower Summit Parking Lot and the Upper Summit Parking Lot.
• Potable water is available at the Junction Ranger Station, the Lower Summit Parking Lot and the Upper Summit Parking Lot.
• Showers and flush toilets at Juniper, Junction and Live Oak campgrounds are closed. Portable toilets and hand washing stations are available for campers at all three campgrounds.
• Water and flush restrooms remain open at Mitchell Canyon and Macedo Ranch Day Use Areas.
If you are planning a long hike, run, walk, bicycle ride or horseback ride please bring plenty of water to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.